Thursday, November 5, 2009

Better Late Than Never: Wolgin Exhibit

Today, at long last I finally viewed the Wolgin Exhibit and it was mostly likely right before it's close, but I am extremely glad I got to see it before it was gone. Entering the gallery I decided to go in cold and just browse the works on display. As I wondered through each exhibit, I tried to think of what the works may have represented, and I often felt myself at a great loss. Each of the works was quite unique and of different styles, mediums and subject matter I had not yet explored. But after reading the descriptions provided, I felt much more aware and appreciative of the works. Each artist provided a very different perspective and I felt the exhibit was extremely enriched with culture. It really is such an amazing opportunity to be part of Tyler at such an important and prominent moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment